Abstract:In recent times, the vehicle theft has emerged as one of the major problem that is happening. The purpose of this paper is to reduce the risk of the vehicle theft by following the method of number plate detection using the on-going technology of Light Fidelity. This also ensures faster mode of tracking the stolen vehicle with more preciseness. This paper also creates the awareness about the presence of speed bumps to prevent accidents.
METHODOLOGY: Major concepts in this paper include the use Li-Fi and image processing. The image processing is carried out to recognize the vehicle’s number plate (using Smearing algorithm) and Li-Fi is employed to transmit the digitised version of the number plate to the existing database for verification. Li-Fi technology provides prior information about the speed bumps.
• Range coverage can be increased in the future enhancements.
• Signals & headlights must be in working condition.
ORIGINALITY: Though there are solutions found for recognising fake number plates of a vehicle problem, there was not any specification given about the correlation technique. Li-Fi marks the use of efficient new technology for the data transmission and its’ application to identify stolen vehicles make it independent from other technology. An immediate intimation is also given to the owner and to the nearby police station providing an easy way of knowing the where abouts’ of vehicle stolen. The other salient feature in the proposed work is for all the vehicles in common. It is all about giving a notification well in advance to the vehicle drivers about the presence of speed breakers on the way.
• Identification of stolen vehicles
• Identification of fake number plates
• Notifying the owner and police about the stolen vehicle recent location All the above helps in early recovery of stolen vehicles.
• Identification and intimation of speed breakers well in advance there by saving lives. Keywords:Li-Fi, image processing, smearing, vehicle theft, awareness, vehicle number plate, fake number plates. Title:LI-FI IN VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION Author:Harshithaa.M, Ashok.K, Dr.R.Meenakshi ISSN 2394-9678 International Journal of Novel Research in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Novelty Journals